AD

BB,B ( Black is Bold,Baby)


okay. I shall keep this post real.

Recently the #BlackLivesMatter movement has made a huge come back and I am extremely happy about that. Black people deserve everything and more and this blog is basically based off a black women's views and empowering and inspiring other black people, especially black women.

I am pumped as I type this. A great time for black people to embrace themselves and love themselves even more. Believe it or not, we have so much power to shake this world and I have always believed that.


One thing I am so grateful for is growing up in a household where self love, especially with being black in a world like this, was emphasized. My father constantly instilled my love for being black especially when it came to speaking my home language. I won't lie, I spoke English here and there at home and it annoyed him but I understand the frustration.
We build ourselves us to be these perfect English speaking people when it ain't even our original language, just the colonizers language, but somehow we still judge each other with how we speak it (but that's a story for another day)

I found ways to embrace myself as a black person, every way possible to be close to my roots. It became my aim in life. I started off, obviously with my hair (as stated in my previous post). Cut it and boo, I feel so good about myself. One of my best assets on me, my damn crown and I wanna grow it out so big.

My aim here is for all black people to be so in touch with their blackness and not to feel inferior just because another race told them they are. It really does still amaze me to this day that the other race doesn't like us because of our black colour. Wow. I mean, are they jealous, black does not crack boo.

But anyway, to all my black people, we shall continue to stand together and fight to be heard and stop racism. I mean, I don't know about you but I am tired of having that feeling of thinking less of myself because of my colour or even feeling like a criminal everytime I walk into a store and come out having bought nothing and all (I do have moments like that, I feel like the security guards look at me weird) but you would feel that cause white people have made it seem like we criminals and bad people for centuries. 

I even experienced racial profiling for the first time when I hopped into a e-hailing taxi service with my other mates in Cape Town. Firstly, I was shocked that it was a white person fetching us (you can't blame me for being shocked, white people really got me thinking they superior at some point, to the extent where I find it so foreign when I see them catch a taxi or do odd jobs that I have seen black people only do). Anyway, I hopped in and first thing the guy said was "so are you all going to Khayelitsha?".....was I not shocked out of my mind, like Lord hold me now cause I will come through. 
I was disappointed but not surprised by what he just said. I interpreted what he said as, "I see y'all are black people so you automatically broke and poor and belong to townships"....I felt like saying "actually, We live in Camps Bay, please take us there, thank you."

Just crazy how they think less of us but I believe that will change over time. I have hope, a revolution is occurring. Make Africans great again.

A.

Instagram: @andiswa_thee.queen
Twitter: @andy1d_fab

Comments

  1. 😽hayi shame uyishayile into yakho

    ReplyDelete
  2. 😽hayi shame uyishayile into yakho

    ReplyDelete
  3. S/O this is good writting.. Really unfortunate you experienced that

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Ad

Popular Posts