AD

It's hard to do this

This post goes out to my people who feel that they care too much when it comes to people or those that have big hearts or tend to look for the good in everyone, no matter how bad they are.

I tell myself I have a big heart as the people I fall for or the people I become friends with, I seem to always hang onto to them, even after they have proved enough that they not worth it (Well, the old me used to do this). You hope it gets better but it never gets better. Soon after, it becomes a toxic cycle, if you decide to stay.

Having so much love and care comes with responsibility. You become responsible for the people you choose to bring into your life cause if you reckless with your selection of people, you end up having people that will either take advantage of you, having you losing yourself or if you are an overthinker like me, you will stress yourself out over the small things they do or say and that is definitely not good for your own self care.


Another thing about having a big softie heart is, when you know the person ain't doing you any good and you decide to let go (even when it hurts a little), it takes the longest time to erase them from the mind or allowing them to be in your head (rent free) but once you completely let go, it would be like you never cared about that person.

I once hated being that person who cared this much about people as it was easier to get hurt.  One always felt like being a bad bitch was where it was at. Keeping every single person at arms length and not engaging too much within any type of relationship but I realised that it was the worst thing I could do cause it's stopping me from really expressing myself

It's okay to have a good heart, to love or care a lot more than another normal person. It makes you more human than ever and I currently think it's a beautiful blessing. Being sensitive or a little more emotional than others shows strength and I want those similar to me to know that.


Comments

Post a Comment

Ad

Popular Posts