AD

What is this life? in 2021?

 Before I get to the main point of this post. I just want to say happy new year loves, even though we be in the middle of 2021 (aka 2020 vol.2). Lets drink to being alive, right? It's an achievement.

I know I have been MIA (missing in action) for a good minute but I am back and I will try make an effort to make this blog something great, relatable and hopefully it becomes a big success and gets to the whole world. We only dream big in this space. Until then, I just want to say to my 2 followers (I am kidding, I don't know how many followers I got), I appreciate y'all. I can be incosistent.

Anyway 2021 has been tense for me, I don't know what's up but hopefully there will be light at the end of the tunnel. A few things that I have become really aware of during this time is mental health and just keeping balance in life. The pandemic is really doing it's number and me and my home girls are upset, very very upset. Academics is another pandemic that needs it's own blog post. Actually no, academics in this pandemic is so hectic, especially this week. It is the ghetto. For those that are students, you will understand the hectic schedule and constant tests, where I feel like I ain't learning ish. Instead of catching flights, we catching deadlines but it is what it is.

Okay, enough rant. Back to mental health. This pandemic has been really tough but I realised a lot. With the amount of time I tend to spend indoors now, you think about a lot of stuff. Mentally it has been tough right now and I learnt about things that I didn't focus on or give time to analyse before. I am deep under water but I hope I find my way to the top again.

I really do believe in checking on your friends or other people in general. That "are you okay?" question could go a long way for some. I understand we are so busy but a mental health check is needed once or twice every few weeks, with yourself and for others. With the world we live in now, we so used to being busy and having to be chasing goals and keeping busy to the point where we feel guilty if we sit and do nothing or just take a day or two off. It can become unhealthy. That's not the life I am trying to live until I die.

I am going to give y'all a few tips of things I have been trying to keep sane and alive during this hectic time:

1) Journaling   has been a good source of just letting all your thoughts out and venting every little detail. It's a safe space on paper and won't necessarily have to worry about such information reaching people's ears. It also helps with seeing progress mentally, your growth in the way you think so I highly reccomend it 

2) Workouts  are amazing when it comes to release bad vibes and stress. I am sure you heard it all, exercising release endorphins (your happy hormones) and I believe that it works if you doing it enough times, on most days. Personally I am on a workout journey to look good ( I am talking toned body loves) and literally feel good. I am making sure I get my booty days in and arms. All the works, so don't be shook when I look edible in public. You have been warned lol. 
My look right now



3) Eating healthy food (i.e Avocado's are elite, green salads, brown rice, wholewheat bread, to name a few) is so good for your body really does help with how you feel. I know I sound like someone that just learnt about this now but it really does wonders. I have been sleeping on eating a balanced diet in terms of the salads and the veggies and all because I felt that I didn't need to eat it in large quantities just because I am already skinny but we learn and grow. 

4) Listening to Megan Thee stallion (hot girl music) really gets your mood up, well for me it does the work. If you a guy, hot boys exist. If you not into that hot girl music than any music that makes you feel really good and take control of any situation will suffice. Personally, hot girl music has been great for my confidence, especially physically and I know I am the girl I think I am and can get what I want (including that nigga or nigga's lol). I am a wholesome girl so one nigga for me is good.



Lastly, TAKE A SOCIAL MEDIA BREAK. if it was up to me, I would delete all socials forever cause right now, it's harmful than good. Social media can be this warped world sometimes. Sometimes we forget reality or we end up not being able to seperate fake from reality with these unrealistic social media standards. I would suggest you watch "THE SOCIALDILEMMA" on Netflix if you want to get deep into this social media topic and how, as much as it can be very helpful to the world, it can be our downfall.

And thats on that, Please comment below what you think about these tips and also suggest some for me or others and don't forget to share this post and like it. I appreciate engagement.

Till next time. STAY SAFE loves

Comments

Post a Comment

Ad

Popular Posts