AD

The roaring 20s


Hey, so I am back. Just popping in though. I know it has been years since I last posted on here. I started this blog during COVID time with intentions of being consistent but clearly I'm not doing that (*rolls eyes*) but anyway.

A lot has happened in my life since the last time I posted. I entered my 20s era and also survived COVID so big ups to me and if you're reading this, bigs up to you too, you made it and you're doing great sweetie.

Okay back to me entering my 20s. I don't know if it's just me but what the hell is happening in the 20s. I feel like my life shifted the minute the clock hit 12:00am when I turned 20. Life is hard. Actually, adulting is hard. I've only been an adult for about a year, about to be 2(I'm turning 22 this year) and I think I chose the wrong time to grow up and adult. I think the main things that have become more noticeable since I got into this era is money and relationships (friendships, romantic, you name it).

Let's start with money. When I was younger, I expected myself to be getting the money bags by 22. I'm still waiting for the R50K that I told myself I'll be bagging at this time. Also, why is everything so expensive these days. I have a feeling we going to get charged for breathing at this point. Having a budget at this is age is so important or else you'll starve for all of your days, worse if you like the finer things in life but your bank balance ain't fine. It's good to spoil yourself though, sometimes......or all the time, but I think the latter is not the best advice. Save your coins, I know it's hard but if you really think about it, time moves fast and retirement age will be knocking on our door very soon, so I think this is our time to save before it's late.

Relationship-ically, life has been giving me different vibes in this aspect. There's a lot of outgrowing that I have been doing. I feel there has been relationships, friendship wise, that I had to let go of, which I feel like most people have probably gone through. There's those friendships where you hoped that it would last but it just didn't and the case was purely either you outgrew it or you realised that friend wasn't really a friend of yours as much as you were a friend of theirs. That's okay though, I think as you grow there's some things you must adjust too. Lots of unlearning and learning. 

Romance wise? I suggest you guys must believe in a man, believe in indoda. It's nice to sleep on a chest especially with winter coming up. That's all I'm saying (*wink wink*). On the real though, I think this age is a good time to put yourself out there and meet different people on a romantic aspect, allow yourself to dabble here or there or do what works for you, as long as you happy. Always remember that you are the prize though, man or woman. If he or she doesn't pass the vibe check with you, that's cool. There's over 7 billion of us, don't be stuck on one person, you're young. You also got a career to build too so don't forget, these are the years we must make sure we make the big bags.

That's all I wanted to share today. Nothing too deep but hopefully I will pop in again with another post cause I truly want to document my life in my 20s. 

Comments

Post a Comment

Ad

Popular Posts